November 7th, 2013
The GridForce app for Microsoft Excel 2013 enables you to access a global on-demand crowd of workers. We use Amazon’s Mechanical Turk for our source of workers and any work that you publish to GridForce will become tasks in Amazon Mechanical Turk marketplace. Workers access your tasks via the Mechanical Turk web interface (http://mturk.com) and are governed by the Amazon Mechanical Turk Participation Agreement (https://www.mturk.com/mturk/conditionsofuse) and the Amazon Mechanical Turk Privacy Notice (https://www.mturk.com/mturk/privacynotice).
By using GridForce, you are agreeing to the collection and use of your personal and business information; these policies are described below.
If you have any questions or concerns that aren’t covered here, please contact us at email@example.com.
Your Personal Information
When you create GridForce user account, we collect account information including but not limited to your first name, last name, organization, email address, and website address. When you publish tasks to be crowdsourced, we collect and store the elements of your spreadsheet that you select as well as the related form and instructions on how to perform your task. Our policy is:
- We will never sell, rent, or share your personal information with anyone outside of our business team and team of crowdsourced content writers.
- GridForce uses crowdsourcing – jobs are distributed to our workers via the Internet. In some cases, source material and intermediate work are posted on the web for distribution. This will include the data from your spreadsheet that you submit to us, instructions, and other details that are needed by our crowdsourced workers to complete your work.
- You may delete your account at any time.
- We will never look at or disclose your individual data unless you are having technical difficulties, it is required by law, or it is necessary to maintain our system.
- We will not spam you. We may contact you about the following:
- Notifications about your account.
- Results from the GridForce Service.
- Announcements about GridForce features or news.
GridForce accepts payments using a third-party payments processor called Stripe. We do not store any payments information, such as credit card numbers. Stripe manages all of that information for us.
While we safeguard and regard as confidential all user data, we do reserve the right to disclose information about our system in aggregate, such that we do not release any information that would specifically identify a person. For example, we may disclose information such as the average number of tasks generated per customer each day or how many tasks were created last week.
Cookies and Log Files
The GridForce website sends a “cookie” to your computer that contains an identification number that is unique to the computer you are using. We use this cookie to provide you with a continuous experience, and for us to record how our site/service is being used.
As is done with most web sites, we log each visit to each web page. A log entry can contain information typically found in the “header” of your web browser’s request such as the browser type you used, your Internet Protocol address, and the date and time of day. We may also log your cookie’s identification number and the URL of the last site you visited. This log information is important for security, audit, quality improvement, as well as for monitoring the health of our service.